In this unique “Hybrid” program, CITs are eased into the responsibilities of being a leader while given the oppopportunity to attend electives as regular campers do. The transition from camper to leader happens during Leadership Training Workshops, Internships and four different “Transition Guilds” which replace two electives in their daily schedule. Program participants learn about and practice effective leadership skills, such as teamwork, goal setting and decision making. These essential skills are useful in all facets of life, including at school, home, work and Camp.
The daily schedule for CITs is a combination of being a camper and being a leader. Rather than attending five Camp Elective activities throughout the day as senior campers do, CITs participate in three electives, with the Teen Leadership periods taking the place of two electives.
- Leadership Training Workshops: During Leadership Training Workshops, CITs learn essential leadership skills in fun and interactive ways. Training Workshops are engaging and instructive sessions, featuring a wide variety of hands-on activities, group discussions and physical exercises that are on the cutting edge of adolescent development in the 21st century.
- Camp Guilds: The CITs rotate through four guilds on a weekly basis. There are specific projects and goals set for each guild, and the CITs are encouraged to be creative, think outside the box, and take initiative. All four guilds contain elements and skills which are precursors to the more intense 10th Grade LIT Program. Guilds include: The Green Guild, Hospitality Guild, Service Guild & Spirit Guild
- CITs: CITs receive ongoing feedback throughout the summer, and are given formal performance evaluations at the conclusion of their experience. Along with their added responsibilities, CITs enjoy a day at the Jersey Shore, a summer ending dance, and other special events. CITs must attend Camp for at least 4 weeks of the Regular Camp Season (not including pre & post week).
- Parent/Guardian completes our online Camper Registration Form via CampMinder (must sign up for at least 4 of the 8 weeks of the Regular Camp Season)
- Parent/Guardian & entering CIT must read & electronically sign the CIT Expectation Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Liberty Lake’s Teen Leadership Program. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or Email us – we are here to help!