Open Tour Days
Personal Tours are available:
If you would like a Personal Tour, please call
the office at (609) 499-7820
to schedule an appointment.
Click Below To Hear The Liberty Lake Song
We Love LLDC!
Please click here to join our Coalition and support us in our advocacy efforts towards the DEP!
Join The Team
If you are already a Team Member, Click Here
Taking care of other people's children is a tremendous responsibility that we take very seriously. At Liberty Lake, we only hire highly energetic and motivated individuals who are truly interested in making a positive impact on the lives of children, and making the world a better place!
Skills & Qualities of LLDC Team Members
- A Serious Work Ethic-An unwavering commitment to providing the best summer possible for Liberty Lake campers.
- Teamwork-Socially able to work with and support others, while accepting ongoing feedback and evaluation from supervisors.
- Intelligence-Able to solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Empathy-Able to see situations from a camper's point of view.
- Adaptability-Ability to think quickly on your feet and improvise when necessary.
- Positive Disposition-An optimistic, upbeat outlook with lots of energy and spunk!
- Experience with Young People-Preferred, but not required.
What will YOU get from the Liberty Lake Experience?
- Leadership Training-Take your college management class textbooks and throw them out the window, because this is the real deal. Getting a group of children to listen, respect, trust and believe in you truly requires a unique skill set. At Liberty Lake, we conduct intensive orientations prior to the beginning of Camp and provide ongoing training and feedback throughout the summer.
- Friendships-And not just with the campers...Counselors establish lifelong friendships with one another each and every summer.
- Experience-If you've ever considering being a teacher or child-care professional, you'll find out if you have the patience, personality and skills for it.
- A Challenging and Rewarding Summer You'll Never Forget-People's lives change from their Camp Experience. There is nothing that is more rewarding than making a positive impact on the lives of young people. There's a reason that people come back to Camp summer after summer, and it's not for the money.
"Dear Andy, I really enjoyed my job last summer - It changed my life. I'm holding off law school and applying for a program my school has where you teach in inner city schools for 2 years and get your masters in education- I really want to do it! So thanks for taking a chance on me, it was great! I learned so much about myself.."
-Girls Group Leader D.P.
"Dear Andy, I want to thank you for an awesome summer. My first job will always be remembered as a really great one. I enjoyed every day at Liberty Lake. Over the course of my Summer I made so many great relationships with the kids and Team. I learned so many things about kids and enjoyed myself. Working with so many different age groups brought me new clarity of the ages and type of children I plan on working with for the rest of my life. Everybody that came to Liberty Lake had the best time- it made the Summer fly by. Keep up the Amazing Camp you run..."
-Girls Counselor G.W.
- Awesome Catered lunches and snacks
- Extra pay for teaching activities, including Swim Instruction
- Work extra weeks and earn extra pay!
- Lucrative weekend picnic work from Memorial Day through Labor Day
- Teacher Certification Bonus for Group Leaders
- Referral Bonuses- "Team Bounty"- receive cool LLDC gear
- Annual raises
- Resume' Building- Working at Camp has many "transferable skills" that will look great on your resume!
- All Team members receive three Team shirts.
- Children of Camp Team members may attend free of charge, with a reduced salary
- Plus- fun in the sun and memories that will last a lifetime!
Team Positions & Descriptions
Group Leader- (college students and young teachers) Each group of children is led by a Group Leader who fills the role of parent, coach, teacher, psychologist and social worker as needed. The Group Leader is the true leader of the group- responsible for everything from attendance to overall happiness. The Group Leader also oversees their co-counselor(s). Group Leaders assist specialists at elective activities, and if qualified, can lead a select few.
Counselor- (entering 11th or 12th grade students) Counselors are the "big brothers and sisters" of their campers. Each group of children has one or two counselors as well as the Group Leader. Much of the summer's success lies with the relationship between counselors and campers. For most campers, great counselors = great summers. Counselors assist specialists during elective activities, and provide motivation and emotional support to the campers throughout the day.
Athletic Specialist-(teachers and experienced adults) Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Street Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, Lacrosse, Volleyball, Archery, Rock Climbing, Ultimate Frisbee, Golf and Martial Arts. Specialists lead elective activities with the assistance of Group Leader(s) and/or Counselor(s). Athletic Specialists are usually teachers with experience coaching children.
Creative Specialist- (teachers and experienced adults) Drawing, Painting, Pottery, Woodworking, Jewelry Making, Leatherworks, Music, Dance, Drama, Science, Nature, Camping, Magic, Poetry, Newspaper, Harry Potter Club, Cooking, Digital Photography & Rocketry. Specialists lead elective activities with the assistance of the Group Leader(s) and/or Counselor(s). Creative Specialists are usually experienced teachers.
Waterfront/Pool- (Red Cross lifeguard certification or "W.S.I." necessary) Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Boating & Fishing.
Support Services- (age 18 +) Office Team, Building and Grounds (work available from Spring through Fall)
Food Service-(age 18 +) Catering, Serving Food from Memorial Day through Labor Day
Health Center- (Licensed Nurses)
Leadership Team- (Experienced teachers or adults with supervisory/management experience). Division Leaders, Assistant Division Leaders, Parent Relations, Program Director, Swim Director, Transportation Coordinator, Athletics Director, Creative Arts Director
Starting Eight Week Salary
$900 + tips
(entering 11th grade)
$1000 + tips
(entering 12th grade)
Includes Transportation/Bus Captain.
$1900 + tips
$250 extra if leading activities
which require preparation
Certified Teacher Specialist
Arts, Athletics, etc.
Arts, Athletics, etc.
Call for more info
|Before/After Camp Care||$200-300 extra||
7AM to 8:45 or 4:15 to 6 PM
Work 9-10 Weeks and increase pay
$2000 (H.S. student)
$2250 (H.S. graduate)
$2500 (College grad)
Extra pay for WSI + Weekend Work
Bonus for past lifeguarding experience
|Grounds Crew||$2400 (18+)||
Lots of Weekend Work available
Lots of Weekend Work available
|Team Member Referral Bonuses|| $50-$100 per Team Member
Must work the entire Camp Season
A college student group leader who teaches activities, works one week of either pre/post week, plus before or after care, and a few picnic days, can earn over $3000 in base salary, PLUS gratuities!
At Liberty Lake, we create an upbeat and positive environment of mutual respect. If you are interested in being part of the Liberty Lake team, please fill out our online application. You can also call us at (609) 499-7820 during business hours, or e-mail us (with your resume' if possible) anytime at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to discuss job opportunities at Liberty Lake with you.
Click Below To Apply For The Liberty Lake Team!
Liberty Lake Day Camp provides equal opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age (as long as minimum age requirement is met), disability, or veteran status.