In 2010, Liberty Lake Day Camp made a commitment to be more intentional about its charitable contributions locally. This goal encompasses volunteering our time and resources to help campers in need of financial assistance and establishing partnerships with youth-oriented nonprofits in Central/South Jersey. And so, we established the Liberty Lake Foundation, a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization.
Prior to creating the Foundation, we forged partnerships with two wonderful nonprofit groups that we continue to support: Project Morry (a program for at-risk youth) and SCOPE (Summer Camp Opportunities Promote Education). The many fund-raisers we’ve hosted at Liberty Lake include:
- An annual swim-a-thon
- Community health days
- Parenting workshops
- Charity picnics
- Team-building events for local nonprofits and schools
But the true inspiration for creating the Liberty Lake Foundation was something close to our hearts and youth-development aspirations: our Liberty Lake families and their children. In the past few years, we’ve generated tens of thousands of dollars for scholarships—better known as “camperships”—for children whose families would otherwise not be able to afford the camp experience. Other beneficiaries of the Foundation are the many local youth-serving organizations we support with fund-raising events and programs each year.
Our annual Community Day is a ton-of-fun event held the month before camp opens for the season. Community Day is one of our largest fund-raisers, with all proceeds going to the Liberty Lake Foundation.
We offer the following partnership opportunities to local schools in Central Jersey:
- Scholarships/camperships for students (pre-school to middle school)
- Field Days in the fall or spring
- Nature hikes and experiential learning at Liberty Lake’s 60 acres
- Team-building activities for students and/or educators
- Peer mentoring (with our summer team of over 200 young adults)
- After-school and vacation programs at your school
- PTO presentations by Andy Pritikin, Liberty Lake Owner/Director and American Camp Association President
Partnership opportunities for local nonprofit and community organizations include:
- Hosting fund-raisers and community events at Liberty Lake Day Camp
- Parent support and education
- Liberty Lake’s participation in your fund-raising events
- Supporting your local youth-serving causes
Please contact Brandi Carnivale, Director, for more information regarding partnership or donation opportunities with the Liberty Lake Foundation. We are committed to enhancing the well-being of youth in our community—we’d love to discuss ways in which we can work together to achieve this goal!
Many Thanks to The Partners of Our Foundation
American Camp Association • American Red Cross • Big Brothers/Big Sisters • Boy Scouts of America Fernbrook Farms • Girl Scouts of the USA • Project Morry • Leukemia & Lymphoma Society • SCOPE Twin Oaks • YMCA Camps Ockanickon • Matollionequay • Lake Stockwell
For more information, visit www.LibertyLakeFoundation.org