Spirit, at Liberty Lake Day Camp, is the continual flow of positive energy, enthusiasm and good will that permeates throughout our camp community. Our Spirit is the figurative soul, attitude and atmosphere of Liberty Lake – invisible to the naked eye, but impossible for the heart to miss.
Every day at Liberty Lake is a Spirit Filled Special Event! Every morning of every summer camp day, Liberty Lakers wake up to check their Liberty Lake Spirit Calendar and see what amazing fun will be shared with their friends and counselors. Liberty Lake’s Daily Spirit Events infuse a unique, unpredictable feeling of excitement and energy to every camp day – simulating the spirit of Sleep away Camp, while being able to sleep in your own bed! The Spirit Calendar features a fantastic mix of original and traditional programming including theme days, after-camp parties, trips, inter-camp events, and all-camp competitions!
Liberty Lake’s Spirit Program reinforces our 5 Star Point philosophy by strengthening both group and Camp unity, while helping create long-lasting friendships and memories. Spirit Events are enjoyed with age-appropriate adjustments made for each division, ensuring fun and safety for all campers.
- Yacht or Not – A team building challenge and race in which each group constructs a boat using a cardboard box and duct tape.
- Pudding Tug of War – Camper groups face off against one another in a conventional tug of war tournament, with the unconventional twist of falling into a pile of sticky, slimy Pudding, Jell-O, or maybe even Mud!
- Homecoming – Complete with group competitions, floats, skits and returning alumni.
- Wet ‘n’ Wild – Waterslides, giant pool inflatables, car wash, sno-cones & more!
- Camp-a-Palooza – An all-afternoon music and arts festival to celebrate the last week of Camp.
- Halloween Day – We’ve done Winter Wonderland, St. Patty’s Day, Valentine’s Day and more – but every year we are sure to construct a Haunted Trail, and our costumed campers go Trick or Treating across Camp with their groups!
The highlight of our Spirit Calendar for many, is an event that’s not even listed on the Spirit Calendar: Color War – our annual 3-day, all-camp competition in which the entire camp splits into 3 teams (Red, White and Blue) for 3 extra-exciting days of athletic, creative and performance competitions- while teaching important skills such as teamwork and sportsmanship. Color War brings out the best in campers and team members, creating memories that last a lifetime.
Our Program Director Brandi “BC” Carnivale, and her dedicated and talented Spirit Committee work throughout the off-season to invigorate our traditional events and generate new ideas. Contact Brandi if you have any ideas you’d like us to consider for next summer!