Liberty Lake Day Camp’s Teen Leadership Program teaches entering 9th and 10th graders the kind of skills and knowledge necessary to become successful leaders and adults. Liberty Lake’s magical camp setting creates a dynamic, hands-on learning environment for learning leadership skills, through a variety of fun and challenging projects, activities, workshops and discussions.
The program is divided into two tiers:
- Part 1 – Campers in Transition (CIT) for entering 9th graders.
- Part 2 – Leaders in Training (LIT) for entering 10th graders.
The mission of Liberty Lake’s Teen Leadership Program is to provide an enriching experience for young adults, while enabling them to maximize their individual potential to transform into dynamic leaders, capable of making a positive difference in the world!
Liberty Lake Day Camp’s Teen Leadership Program instills the skills and knowledge necessary to become successful leaders, adults, and model citizens. Participants of our program will be better prepared for both college, and the workforce/career. We teach and preach that being a leader means deliberately making a positive difference in other people’s lives.
Our Leadership Equation:
- Service: Giving back to others, while helping make the world a better place.
- Vision: Seeing opportunity and possibility, while looking towards the future.
- Drive: Being motivated to improve and challenge yourself by learning essential life skills.
Instead of reiterating the “3 R’s” which teens learn in school, we are preparing our 9th and 10th graders for the realities and responsibilities of life by focusing on the “4 C’s”: Critical thinking/Problem solving, Communication, Collaboration, and Creativity/Innovation. We help campers transition into young leaders, and we do it better than any summer camp in the world!