Dear Prospective Leader-In-Training (LIT),
Thank you for your interest in our LIT program. Being an LIT at Liberty Lake provides teens with an invaluable opportunity to grow as individuals, develop leaderships skills, learn how to work with children and make a difference in the lives of our campers. All LIT’s will attend daily training workshops, participate in community service projects, assist Liberty Lake Team Members in the Camp Program, and receive regular performance evaluations.
The following LIT application process consists of the following:
- Fill out the online LIT Application form.
- Personal References: two adults must provide you with a personal reference, using our Recommendation Form. We will not accept references from family members, friends, or LLDC Staff (we have plenty of feedback from them). Acceptable references include teachers, coaches, supervisors, guidance counselors, neighbors you have worked for, or any other prominent adult figure in your life.
- A copy of your latest report card or progress report.
**Please use the LIT Application Document Uploader to send us completed Personal Reference Forms and report cards. Alternatively, you can also drop off or mail us a copy of these documents. Our mailing address is: Liberty Lake Day Camp, 1195 Florence-Columbus Road, Bordentown, NJ 08505.
- If you have never attended Liberty Lake, or if requested by the Program Coordinators, a personal interview may be required as a mandatory part of the application process.
- You will receive a correspondence and decision from us within 2 weeks of receiving your application and supplemental paperwork.
- If you are accepted to the program, have your parents complete the Camper Registration Application.
If you have any questions, please call or e-mail us. Good luck!
LIT Program Coordinator