In this unique “Hybrid” program, CITs are eased into the responsibilities of being a leader while given the oppopportunity to attend electives as regular campers do. The transition from camper to leader begins!
CITs are entering 9th graders who are ready to take on more responsibilities and challenges for a portion of their camp day. Their blended program schedule includes three elective choices (along with senior campers) and two leadership workshops.
The CIT program is guided by the overall principles and values of Leadership, like challenging oneself, learning to work effectively with others, goal setting, and giving back to the community- all woven through their daily program.
We believe the best way for young leaders to achieve the best versions of themselves is to practice these skills. This happens during their two training periods each day, with experiential learning facilitated by the mentor staff:
- Spirit Events: CITs assist selected spirit events throughout the summer with tasks such as creating decorations, researching historical facts and pumping up camp spirit up on Red, White and Blue Day!
- Musical Production: The camp musical is a positive experience for many of our campers, and a huge undertaking. CITs assist with the set, props and other needs in order to help campers and staff put on a successful production.
- Challenge Periods: Our emerging leaders participate in team building and problem solving games, as well as challenges to help them discover their strengths and weaknesses and to explore the type of leader they wish to become.
- Foundation Celebration: The teen leadership program spends two weeks organizing, marketing and executing various fundraising activities to support the 501c3 Liberty Lake Foundation. The Foundation believes it takes a village to help kids thrive and are committed to being leaders in the community to help children learn and grow in a nurturing environment.
Besides the “hands-on” learning experiences, we believe that for children to truly excel, they need steady support. CITs have 3 talented and committed mentors that are omni-present for them to teach, connect, and guide them through their leadership journey. Each week, CITs sit down with their mentor for “two-way check ins” to debrief how they are doing during training periods, and throughout their day. As official teen leaders, CITs are held to a higher standard than campers, and are expected to be positive role models for the rest of the camp. At Liberty Lake, CITs have the opportunity to be a part of the leadership process instead of just being given a report card.
- Parent/Guardian completes our online Camper Registration Form via CampMinder (must sign up for at least 4 of the 8 weeks of the Regular Camp Season)
- Parent/Guardian & entering CIT must read & electronically sign the CIT Expectation Agreement and the Teen Leadership Program Policy Agreement.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of Liberty Lake’s Teen Leadership Program. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or Email us – we are here to help!